In accordance with company policies and procedures, safely operate manufacturing equipment at targeted speeds and production output requirements. Adherence to and verification of quality specifications for products produced.
set-up make-ready and oversee all operations of assigned equipment, and train new crews to perform their jobs to standard. Work and communicate with other departments to assure quality cartons are produced.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Get, read, and follow all information on job jacket.
• Correctly set-up make-ready; physically and mechanically inspect equipment.
• Run quality cartons at or above standards.
• Constantly check cartons for quality.
• Perform maintenance to prevent breakdowns and reduce down times.
• Report emergency repair needs and log needed future repairs.
• Keep work area clean.
• Complete reports and other paperwork correctly and neatly.
• Assist crew communication; inform crew on job history and physically help crew when needed.
• Train new crews of specific duties and machine safety.
• In the absence of supervisor, oversee smooth and productive functioning of department.
• Maintain communication with other departments.
• Have a positive attitude toward your work and the people around you.
• Other duties as apparent or assigned.