Responsible for supporting Scheduler and scheduling of production orders by performing materials and resource requirements planning in order to meet customer required dates, maintain efficiency of operations and optimize actual contribution margin on all production jobs. Production Planner is responsible for coordinating material flow, supporting schedule requirements, releasing complete and accurate jobs to scheduling and monitoring materials availability to meet or exceed production schedule requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily review of all new production orders entered into system
- Print out New Jobs each morning
- Analyze and interpret production job estimates, layouts, packout, tooling and other customer specifications to determine the specific order requirements.
- Responsible for Material Requirements Planning for all production orders
- Review specific material requirements for each job
- Advise purchasing of materials orders, needs, reservations on a daily basis
- Enter Sheeter jobs on a daily basis, to correspond with production order planning
- Give Supply Chain required date based on Bell customer’s required ship date
- Confer with scheduler for minimum work in process lead-time needed
- Monitor delivery of outstanding materials to ensure on hand as needed for scheduled production
- Coordinate with Supply Chain to expedite material as needed
- Coordinate Corrugated releases with Supply Chain
- Responsible for Change Orders and Re-Planning
- Print Change Requests as initiated by Scheduler or Customer Service
- Review new material requirements and take steps above for material planning
- Update sheeter jobs, as needed
- Cross-train and maintain skills to support scheduling of production and trial jobs for all plants
- Attend and contribute to daily operations meetings; monitor production order status and confirm material requirements are planned accordingly.
- Communicate to Supply Chain any materials planning adjustments per schedule changes communicated in meetings and/or by Scheduler.
- Communicate all material availability issues that may jeopardize production completion for customer required ship dates.
- Provide minimum, weekly update to manager; identify issues, opportunities, status of production planning activities.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Organizational Relationships: Supply Chain Plant Managers
- Customer Account Managers
- Operations Managers
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Manage priorities effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Adherence to daily schedule of tasks and responsibilities
- Must be assertive in getting information needed and questioning discrepancies
- Have good written and oral English communication skills
- Have basic computer, word processing and math skills
- Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- Requires minimum of 2-yr. post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Operations, Purchasing or related field; and
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- BS degree in Operations, Purchasing or Business Administration highly desired
- General office, some exposure to manufacturing floor and warehouse environment
- General Awareness Training Required
- Corrective & Preventive Action
- Control of Quality Records
- Internal Quality Auditing
- Job Specific Training Required
- Management Responsibility