Position responsible for management of wide range of information technology and communication solutions, oversight of IT staff as well as identification, evaluation, and execution of strategic initiatives. Position is highly project-oriented with requirement to be hands on and strategic, emphasis on continually improving existing operations by applying technology that will increase productivity, timeliness and accuracy of meaningful information. Position has primary responsibility for ERP and output along with other vital IT systems to support various business management applications including production metrics, financial management, reporting, etc. Individuation must be flexible in providing operational/tactical/managerial support for multi-plant 24/7 operation as well as ability to provide and execute strategic initiatives in information technology systems and solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing solutions through effective project work planning, stakeholder identification, and training
- Ensure all business applications, data and hardware are functioning optimally to support business and user needs
- Optimization of current technology and incorporation of new solutions into existing operating procedures and business processes
- Ensuring staff are properly positioned to utilize and leverage new strategic technology solutions
- Managing critical 3rd party relationships with technology service providers including software vendors, hardware vendors, ISP’s, management service providers, etc.
- Leading, directing, evaluating and managing internal technical staff in conjunction with 3rd parties
- Identifying strategic technology initiatives with management and staff
- Develop and present business cases for pursuing strategic initiatives including basic ROI analysis
- Prioritizing / sequencing initiatives
- Identifying and evaluating alternative solutions for economics, performance, and manageability
- Identification and implementation of automation-related projects and initiatives to enhance operational efficiency.
- Technical support for corporate technology infrastructure as well as production-related operating systems.
- Develop, monitor and manage security and disaster recovery plans and programs pertaining to technology and communication systems.
- Support company telecommunications systems and networks to maintain high availability.
- Management and development of department staff members
- Other tasks as identified
- Knowledge of Work
- Quantity of Work
- Quality of Work
- Ability to Learn New Duties
- Effectiveness with People
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Must be a team player, willing and able to create and maintain good working relationship with all Bell Incorporated employees and provide leadership for IT and management initiatives.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams and lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer
- Assists and advises other Company management personnel as necessary to assure the successful performance of their assigned responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Must be able to communicate in English, as well as read, understand and follow work instructions as provided in the English language
- Strong planning, analytical and organizational skills with proven performance in making data driven strategies
- Significant experience and proficiency with ERP, MRP and integrated business systems
- Financial analysis / project budgeting / ROI
- Functional decomposition of complex processes
- Active listening skills
- Leadership / ability to gain confidence of users
- Documentation and diagramming
- Consensus-building capabilities
- Team player with strategic focus
Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum of seven years related experience
- Minimum 4 year/bachelor’s degree in relative field, advance degree preferred
- Manufacturing / production technology or management experience strongly preferred
- Sound working understanding of networking topology, principles, and fundamentals
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Performs most duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted, and temperature-controlled office environment. Noise level is at a minimum.
- On-call responsibility, 24/7, or as shared with staff, should technology or telecommunications issues arise that impede organizational communications and/or operations.
- May be required to perform duties in evenings or weekends to minimize business disruption and/or depending on severity of issues.
- Occasional travel as needed.