This position will work with the Quality Manager and Operations Manager to help assure consistent quality by utilizing and implementing quality processes, which are focused on prevention and continuous improvement efforts and strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform, evaluate, organize various specified testing of products and maintain the quality records as defined by the department procedures.
- Help create, implement, and follow up standard operating procedures, which relate to the organization’s quality systems (ISO 9001:2000, AIB/GMP, HACCP).
- Perform Statistical Process Control Analysis with flow charts and process mapping for cause and effect.
- Conduct process capability studies and determine CPK’s.
- Determine root cause of quality issues and develop corrective actions/preventive actions.
- Perform inspections and approvals as required to verify products conforms to specifications.
- Perform an inspection analysis of all returned goods and provide a report on findings.
- Lead and facilitate problem-solving teams to assist in prevention and continuous improvement activities.
- Write reports and communicate effectively to all Departments and Managers.
- Assist with safe practice/housekeeping (SQFAIB/GMP) and training processes within the organization (Be a good role model and help to enforce the rules of conduct, safety and housekeeping).
- Assist the Quality Manager in maintaining the quality plan and procedures (monthly SQF/GMP/AIB inspections and Internal Quality auditing of the QMS) to facilitate accomplishment of company’s business plan objective and goals.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Detail oriented with ability to organize
- Ability to use and maintain test equipment and calibration
- Ability to work independently and self motivated.
- Proficient in data collection and compilation to use Microsoft Word and Excel to generate quality graphs, trend analysis, and maintain records.
- Must possess leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, good documentation writing, and have strong communication and teamwork skills.
Education and Experience
- High School/GED diploma
- Experience in Statistical Process Control
- Basic math skills
- Minimum 3 year quality experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work 12-hour rotating work shifts to include holidays and weekends
- Must be willing/able to work hours outside of regular shift and overtime as requested
- Color differential skills (not colorblind )
Please apply to http://www.bell-inc.com/careers/
Bell Incorporated is an Affirmative Action Employer that offers Equal Employment Opportunities to all qualified candidates.