The Senior IT Support Administrator maintains and supports various technology systems and hardware at a network and user level in office and manufacturing environments. The Senior IT Support Administrator provides user support at all levels and System Administration duties to ensure technology systems and hardware are optimized to support business and user needs. This position is responsible for hands-on management of various IT projects and participation in process and continuous improvement projects. This individual must be flexible in providing operational/technical/administrative support for multi-plant 24/7 operation and be open to new methods and technologies to support business needs and initiatives.
- Provide timely response and resolution to various user and system support requests.
- Responsible for making sure all helpdesk tickets are assigned correctly and resolved in the targeted timeframe.
- Monitor and manage user accounts and access in business applications including Active Directory and Microsoft Office 365.
- Support and deploy I.T. user hardware, applications, security and communication systems.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for all support-related activities and report on ticket resolution and system performance.
- Collaborate to resolve complex issues or assigned tasks as well as recommend, evaluate, implement, and maintain approved modifications to systems and services.
- Responsible for provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Systems administration including virtualization, backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, internet access, office systems and applications support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server integrity checks, review system and application logs, and verify scheduled job completion (e.g., backups, report processing, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with security policies and procedures for all systems administered.
- Ensure all business applications, data and hardware are functioning optimally to support business and user needs
Project Management & Process Improvement
- Manage the documentation, planning and implementation of enterprise infrastructure hardware and software including corresponding licenses, service contracts and warranties.
- Complete and direct IT support task and project assignments adhering to established timelines and meeting defined objectives.
- Evaluate completed work requests to assess resolution, identify recurring problems, and initiate corrective action.
- Present, implement and/or participate in continuous improvement projects including business automation and operational improvements.
- Professional Development including developing technologies and business specific needs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience or equivalent. Experience with Microsoft Server, Routing and Switching, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy, VMWare, Veeam, MS Office, Office 365 and project management. Preference for experience with ERP systems, scripting and automation, proficiency in MS Office products and experience in manufacturing environment.